Sunday, December 22, 2013

Trainer Training Trainer: Week 2

Share it Please
Well another week has come and gone and I am continuing to follow everything "The Trainer" has prescribed to me and I am continuing to feel fantastic! In this blog post I will discuss my last week's worth of exercise and eating habits as well as the challenges I have faced thus far. If you would like to view Week 1 of my 5-week training program you can find it here.

So in my last blog post I left off with Monday. 1 hour hot yoga, 1 hour weights (back, biceps, triceps), and a 30 minute brisk walk with Molly. Here is what I managed to accomplish this week:
Tuesday: "The Trainer" arrived at 1pm sharp with 2 kettlebells in hand and a smile on his face. I had a great full body workout and feel I pushed myself to the best of my ability. 

Local bacon and farm fresh egg
with tomato and cheese on a whole wheat
English muffin served with oranges
and blackberries 
Wednesday: I had a full day of work starting with a 7am client, several hours spent seeing people in Stratford and then hurried back to Kitchener for my 7pm client. Going straight from 6am-8:30pm did not allow for a full workout but I did manage to do some extra exercise with my clients to make up for the missed session. 
Thursday: 4+ hours of exercise!! I attended my last Pilates class at 9:15 am and came home and treated myself to this meal (pictured left) to prepare and give me energy for the exercise to come that day! Around 11:30 am we went for a 45 minute bush hike and I was warmed up and eagar to go at 1 pm when "The Trainer" showed up at my door with a stability ball in hand. I had another great full body workout and saw a few clients in the afternoon before our volleyball games at 8:30 pm. We played the first place team from one league up from us (don't ask me how that happened!!) and although we lost I still had a great time!! 
My adorable Molly on our hike <3

Friday: Woke up incredibly sore all over (great feeling!). Headed to the gym for a 60 minute workout incorporating some running, elliptical interval training, abs, and lots of other high intensity plyo-type exercises.

Saturday: Took the day off but still managed to squeeze in an ab session in the evening after playing some Jenga and drinking some tea :)





Sunday (Today): Woke up to this: 
Seemed like a great day to stay in and get some work done from home and do some cleaning. After last night's ice storm I am fortunate enough to still have power (as more than 1 million currently don't) though for some odd reason we have no water :( I am currently riding my stationary bike as I write this and am on my third round of 20 minutes as this post is taking longer than expected! Following the bike this is my plan: 

        - 50 jumping jacks
        - 40 bosu running mountain climbers 
        - 30 speed skaters 
        - 20 (per side) bosu pulsing side planks
        - 10 burpee push ups
                  **Each repeated 3 times***

Short and sweet :)

Enjoy your day, drive safe, and be sure to check back often for new posts and to see my progress with my "5 week Get ready for Jamaica workout plan"! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I always love to hear from my readers!

Followers