Monday, December 30, 2013

Trainer Training Trainer Week 3

Share it Please
This week has been somewhat interesting with the Christmas holidays upon us and turkey dinners and social events galore! I have eaten a little more than I would usually but was super careful to not let myself go completely. I did have some desert at all three dinners I had this past week but limited myself to only one or two varieties and to small slivers of each. I made sure to get lots of veggies in and continued with my daily protein shake post-workouts.

So. Much. Food.
With meals like the one pictured to the right it was difficult to stay on track but I think I did a pretty good job!!

Here is what I accomplished with my workouts this past week:

Monday: Training session with my trainer. We added in 2 minute interval treadmill sprints in between each of my supersets which I really enjoyed! It kept my heart rate elevated and kept a good sweat going. He also did a little more core than usual as per my request. All in all a great workout!! Also did a 30 minute walk with Molly.

Tuesday: Being Christmas Eve I was sure to hit up the gym in the morning knowing I had a family dinner that night. I ran on the treadmill for 10 minutes and did a few abdominal exercises before attending an hour hot yoga class. My plan following this class was to hit the weights but not eating breakfast that morning left me feeling light headed, dizzy and faint so I headed home for a nutritious breakfast. Lesson learned...

Wednesday was busy with two different family events and so I did not get any exercise in apart from my usual walk with Molly.

Thursday: Also no workout. I knew Christmas day and Boxing day would be packed with family stuff and so Friday I got back on track.

Friday: I hit up the Goodlife Fairway gym and followed the routine my trainer had given me to work my legs, shoulders, and core. Here's what I did:

Treadmill run to warm up: 10 minutes 6.5-7 mph 

Clean and press 50 lbs x8
Fly row press 12.5lbs x8 (killer!)
Reverse lunge 22.5lbs x10
2 sets each

Barbell squat 50 lbs x12
Sumo squat and rotational press x22.5 lbs x20
2sets each

Split squat jumps x20

Straight leg deadlift x15 60 lbs
2 angle fly 7.5 lbs 8x each way

Wide grip pull ups 2x8 55lbs

2 minutes of rowing level 10 485m.

Med ball twist 15 lbs x30
Sb Jackknifes x20
Sb Hamstring curl in's x20
Sb ab roll outs x20
Rotator cuff endurance work 5 lbs 1 min in between sets
2 sets each

Crunches and obliques on Sb 2 minutes

5 minutes stretches


Saturday: Took Molly for an extra long brisk power walk and made good use of this pull up bar I received as a Christmas gift. I also did a few extra exercises with my clients that day knowing I wouldn't get a full gym workout in. Hey, every little bit counts right!?
 Sunday: My usual walk with Molly.

Monday (today): 45 minutes stationary bike. 30 minutes full body high intensity strengthening work and LOTS of core.

So as you can tell my week was not as great as the first two weeks had been but here are a few things I must point out:

1) I still managed to get SOME exercise in and not let myself take a complete break.
2) I still feel stronger and more energized than I did three weeks ago when I started upping my intensity.
3) I am motivated and prepared to get back into it and continue getting the results I want and deserve.

Super pumped for my workout with my trainer tomorrow!! Have a wonderful day today and HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I always love to hear from my readers!

Followers