Monday, January 27, 2014

Homemade and Delicious 5 Layer Dip

Share it Please
The other day I had a craving for a 5 layer dip with tostitos. It was a Friday night and I wanted to treat myself while watching a movie. So off I go to the grocery store and close to half an hour later I left the store frustrated and empty handed. I discovered that every pre made dip I picked up had a million ingredients that I couldn't even begin to pronounce! I thought "Why is that necessary!?!?" It's not that hard to make and there are only a few ingredients needed, so I decided to make my own. Here's my recipe! 



Ingredients: 
-sour cream (I mixed a little taco seasoning in it) 
- guacamole (1 avacado, I clove crushed garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper) 
- salsa ( I mixed 2 tbsp of store bought salsa with 2 chopped tomatoes and red onion) 
-grated low fat old cheddar cheese 

Layer in the order listed above, serve with whole wheat tostitos, and enjoy! Would also be delicious with black beans (to make the fifth layer!) 

Who needs store bought 5 layer dip anyway!?!? This one was FAR superior!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I always love to hear from my readers!

Followers