Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Trainer Training Trainer: Week 4

Share it Please
Welcome back!!! It's officially ONE WEEK until I leave for Jamaica and I am super excited! I have not only been working hard in the gym but I have been making a conscious effort to eat clean, nutritious, and whole foods. I have lost 7 lbs so far in just 4 weeks and can now do 3 FULL pull ups (huge progress for me!!) More importantly, I feel better and stronger with each day that passes!

Last Tuesday my trainer came and once again kicked my ass. Being New Years Eve and knowing I was going out that evening, I made sure I pushed myself extra hard. Did I enjoy every minute of the sweat pouring off of me and my muscles feeling like they were being ripped right off my bones? Absolutely not. But did I feel it was all worth it afterwards? YES!!! I can't even begin to describe the feeling of accomplishment and success I have after every workout. 


Wednesday: Took New Years Day off. We need these once and a while! 


Thursday: Trainer came again and although I was a little tired and low on energy from my busy and social New Years, he showed no sympathy. Another tough workout was mastered.

Friday: In the morning I was sure to get some cardio in before heading to IKEA and Mapleview Mall in Burlington to do some shopping for our upcoming trip. I killed three birds with one stone which you can read about here.

Saturday I woke up with a bit of a head cold and though I did not feel like going to the gym I persevered and did a two hour cardio and chest/back/abs workout at Goodlife Fitness. This combined with a sauna session and tan left me feeling great afterwards!!

Sunday: Did not feel well :( Day off to rest and get better! 


Monday: Woke up again not feeling great and debated going to the gym. After cancelling my clients in Stratford due to crappy road conditions and having one other client cancel, I figured I would hit the gym to fill my extra time. I braved the slippery roads and blowing snow and met my sister at Goodlife Fitness. Despite my runny nose and congested sinuses, I took us through a challenging plyo-type workout combined with lots of running and core training. Am I glad I went? Absolutely! 



Tuesday I pleaded with my trainer to take it easy on me as I was still not feeling 100% and thankfully he listened. I ate this nutritious and filling breakfast an hour before he showed up and after an hour of low intensity weight training and core I was ready for a nap! 


Today (Wednesday): Cardio day!! 40 minutes of interval training (2 minutes hard/fast, followed by 1 minute recovery). All the while writing this blog post! 
Tomorrow I will meet with my trainer again and I think its an understatement to say it will be a challenging workout! I'm sure you will hear all about it on my final "Trainer Training Trainer" blog post next week. Until then, be happy, eat healthy, and stay fit!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I always love to hear from my readers!

Followers